Saturday, August 2, 2008

okey-lah

The time is winding down on the trip, so we've been hitting some tourist spots and such. We took another long bus ride yesterday to get to the historic town that all the locals have been recommending to us. It was a good trip, lots of old buildings and museums, which are much less expensive than museums in the US. I think we paid the equivalent of $1.53 total to get into three different places. Of course, you have to take off your shoes in some of them here.

After our return, we ate at Hard Rock with most of our friends in this city. It was like easing back into a crowd of Americans, or at least white people, which is a strange feeling.

Speaking of Americans, I was standing in the market the other day, and I thought I recognized a girl I went to Auburn with. So I went up and talked to her, and it was a little War Eagle moment.

Photos update

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh,

you sent my the link to this thing a while back but I didn't read it until today and it was good stuff. Some things I like:
1) the fruit that smells like feet and how you hoped to try it
2) your plan to never try that fruit again
3) leeches
4) overnight in JFK
5) US Embassy
6) war eagle
7) other

Anyway I'll talk to you about it later.